Investment Manager - APAC
LLB(Hons); BSc(Psych); GDLP; RITP
Siba Diqer is an Investment Manager based in LCM’s Melbourne office.
Siba utilises her extensive litigation experience to help litigants achieve successful results in dispute resolution. A strategic thinker, she works closely with clients and advisors to provide bespoke innovative financing solutions.
Siba joined LCM in 2018. In this role, she sources and assesses funding opportunities, as well as structures, documents and manages multiple multi-million dollar disputes finance investments for LCM. She is also a member of the funding applications review committee which reviews and approves investments to be presented to the investment committee. Siba forms strong trusted client relationships through excellent communication skills and working in a timely and commercially focused manner.
Siba is an expert litigator with over a decade of international private practice experience in finance, commercial litigation, restructuring and insolvency at Herbert Smith Freehills (Melbourne), Allen & Overy LLP (Frankfurt) and MinterEllison Lawyers (Brisbane).
In feedback provided by the Client Choice awards, Siba’s clients described her as a tenacious and highly intelligent litigation professional who is always well planned, researched and prepared with a unique combination of skill set and personality.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors
- ARITA Advanced Certification in Insolvency (Distinction)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Excellence)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Managing cash flow, mitigating risk & creating value with disputes finance
- The Leading Lawyer Project interviews Siba Diqer
- Litigation – risky business for liquidators
- Assigning claims – A practical update Co-authored by Justin Ward (LCM) and Siba Diqer (LCM); published in the ARITA Journal (March, 2020)
- ‘Litigation – Risky Business for Liquidators’ (2021) 3301 Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Journal 32.
- ‘Assignment of claims: a comparative analysis of the United Kingdom and Australia’ (2020) 2 INSOL World Quarterly Journal 32.
- ‘Assigning claims: A practical update’ (2020) 3201 Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Journal 22.
- “From private practice to investment management”; an interview with Sam Burrett for The Leading Lawyer Project, Episode 29 (April 2021)
- Committee member of the Law Council of Australia Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee, including panel participation at the Law Council Workshop on the topic of Litigation Funding.
- Committee member of the Turnaround Management Association, including the National Conference Committee.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Turnaround Management Association Committee Member
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Professional Member
- Law Council of Australia Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee Member
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria
- Exclusive winner of the 2022 Client Choice Third-Party Funding Award for Australia